24/7 Emergency Services For Residential And Commercial
After natural disasters, heavy rain or overflowing water in the home, excess moisture and standing water contribute to the growth of mold in homes and other buildings. When returning to a home that has been flooded, be aware that mold may be present and may be a health risk for your family.
You may recognize mold by:
- Sight (Are the walls and ceiling discolored, or do they show signs of mold growth or water damage?)
- Smell (Do you smell a bad odor, such as a musty, earthy smell or a foul stench?)
Clean up and dry out the building quickly (within 24 to 48 hours). Open doors and windows. Use fans to dry out the building. If there is mold growth in your home, you should clean up the mold and fix any water problem, such as leaks in roofs, walls, window trim or plumbing. Controlling moisture in your home is the most critical factor for preventing mold growth.